2016 Tax Expenditure Statement
The purpose of this statement is to provide additional transparency around policy motivated 'expenditures' made through the tax system. Tax expenditures take the form of an exemption, allowance, preferential tax rate, deferral or offset that reduce a tax obligation to achieve a specific policy objective.
- 2016 Tax Expenditure Statement
- Published: 26 May 2016
- ISBN: 978-0-908337-67-5 (Online)
- Also published on the Treasury website.
- Changes from Previous Statements
- What Is a Tax Expenditure?
- Current Tax Expenditures
- Quantification Methods